Unique opportunity to own a one-of-a-kind historical property! 5943 sq ft of interior space, 6 total bedrooms, 3 full/2 half baths, 3 garage spaces in 2 dwellings on 3.64 acres with a full vista of Patapsco Valley State Park. The entire property has been fully restored & updated within the last decade including full interior renovation exceeding 200k of Guest House in '22. Live in the Main House and use the detached Guest House as an In-Law / Au Pair Suite, home-based business or rental. Mins to major routes, BWI Airport and MARC & AMTRAK stations, the home provides easy access to any commuter who also appreciates the ability to unwind through the seclusion and privacy offered. Designated as Avalon by the Balt Co Final Landmarks List (No 228), the current owners renovated the property which includes extensive hardscaping and naturalized landscaping. A '08 Historic Landmark Preservation award winner, this secluded, custom built and restored property is seated high above a valley on top of a granite and quartz cliff, located in the historic Avalon area of southwest Baltimore County. Careful attention was paid to restoring many of the original design elements to the home speaking to the era, with luxury upgrades that include granite and quartz counters, tiled floors, stained glass and refinishing of the oak and pine floors. Contrasting the Colonial facade, the interiors showcase high beamed ceilings and Arts & Crafts/Mission detailing, most accomplished using 18th century repurposed materials. Granite steps and an iron gate welcomes at the west-facing main entrance, which overlooks Patapsco Valley for stunning sunsets. Nature is constantly present with birds, bald eagles and egrets which accompany the sweeping views of 15,000 acres of protected lands. Surrounded by water on three sides - the Patapsco River in front, and a private stream that wraps around the sides and back - the immediate views and access to the park make this special retreat a real nature lover's paradise! The granite and cedar shake Main House includes 3,546 sq ft within two complete finished levels of living space, 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, a full footprint stone cellar, 2 stone wood burning fireplaces, and an open, unfinished attic. The 1,144 sq ft Guest House features 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths plus a 2 car garage; it could easily be used in a variety of ways to contribute additional income. The original owner's 1-story Boat House can be used as storage or workshop. Enjoy the vaulted ceilings in window enclosed Summer House, a clubhouse updated with seasonal running water, a wood burning fireplace, just steps from the oversized outdoor space that houses a deck and the ThermoSpa. The property includes numerous exterior elements to incorporate all that this natural setting has to offer into everyday life. Open air loggia, covered patio, deck and a fruit-bearing orchard are all easily accessed by flagstone and concrete walkways. Self-sustaining low-maintenance gardens surround the home, specifically designed by the owner (a master gardener and award-winning vintner) to offer both formal and natural-scapes that require minimal work. There are abundant open and covered outdoor spaces and a parking lot that accommodates 10+ cars. The Guest House renovation provided new interior framing, Rockwool insulation, new layout & beams, raised ceilings, new roof, subfloors, plumbing, electrical, appliances and systems throughout to include energy efficient windows. In addition to core radiant heat and on demand hot water, energy efficient transitional zoned HVAC units have been added to each floor. High traffic Pergo flooring and recycled green low-VOC Mohawk carpet added. The exterior siding and cedarshake was repaired/replaced/repainted. All work permitted and brought to current code; architectural drawings and all restoration records avail. Garage was also improved with new garage door mechanism, ceiling replacement & lifts. Contact your agent to tour this oasis in the woods!
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Spanish, Craftsman, Colonial
3 Full/2 Half
Hot Water Heater, Oil Hot Water Heater, Gas Water
Aluminum Siding, Brick, Cedar Exterior, Concrete, Mason, Mixed, Shake, Shingle, Stone, Stucco
3,193 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
Baltimore County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Inlaw Suite, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Foyer, Utility Room, Breakfast Room, Attic
- Studio Efficiency
- Dining Area, Formal
- 2nd Kitchen, Eat-In Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen
- Bath Description
- Whirlpool Bath
- Microwave, Dishwasher, Dryer, Electric Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Single Oven, Electric Range/Cooktop, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Stove, Washer, Instant Hot Water, Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Hardwood, Tile, Ceramic Tile, Slate, Vinyl, Concrete, Laminate, Carpet, Wood, Stone
- Central Air, Window Air Conditioning, Electric, A/C - Zone, Wall Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating, Oil, Wood, Steam, Hot Water. Radiant, Radiators, Central.
- Partial, Full, Heated, Entrance Outside, Partially Finished, Poured, Space For Rooms, Unfinished Basement, Walkout, Workshop
- Stained Glass, Double Pane, Insulated, Screened, Low-Emittance , Vinyl Frame, Wood Frame, Triple Pane, Storm Window
- 3. Brick, Mantle, Stone, Fireplace Screen, Wood-burning.
- Entry Level Bedroom.
- 24 Hour Security, TV Entry System, Alarm -Smoke/Fire, Security System, Monitor System, Main Entrance Locked
- Additional Interior Features
- Fireplace Equipment, Air Filter, Attic Storage, Bar, Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Cedar Closet, Chair Rail, Crown Molding, Laundry Chute, Recessed Lights, Wainscoting, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, wine storage, Wood Floors, 9Ft+ Ceilings, Beamed, High Ceiling, Tray
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces. Street Parking, Paved Driveway, Private, Shared Driveway, Underground Parking.
- Shakes, Stucco, Brick, Stone, Aluminum, Cedar, Shingle, Concrete
- Balcony, Brick, Deck, Patio, Porch, Roof Deck, Screened-in
- Private Spa
- Lot View
- Panoramic, River, Water, Scenic, Valley, Trees/Woods
- Sloped, Irregular
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Water Front, Exterior Lighting, Fire Escape, Flood Lights, Hot Tub, Out Building, Satellite Dish, Sidewalks, Fountain, Front Yard, Landscaped, Back Yard, Side Yard, Trees. Backs - Parkland, Backs To Trees, Corner, Front Yard, Irregular, Landscaping, No Thru Street, Open, Partly Wooded, Premium, Private, Rear Yard, Rural, Secluded, Sideyard(S), Sloping, Stream/Creek, Trees/Wooded, Vegetation Planting.
The scores below measure the walkability of the address, access to public transit of the area and the convenience of using a bike on a scale of 1-100
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price