Charming all brick Oscar Schulz built a Williamsburg-style home nestled on a serene private wooded 2.13-acre lot backing to a protected stream in the desirable Highland Lake community. Fall in love with the red oak flooring, classic moldings, and 9ft ceilings throughout the main level. The lush landscaping and curb appeal sets the tone for what awaits inside beginning with the foyer showcasing large slate tile flooring with paired double-door coat closets. On one side of the foyer sits the formal living room showcasing crown molding, a cozy brick wood-burning fireplace, and a chair railing. On the other side, the oversized formal dining room offers a perfect venue for hosting family and friends with passages to the kitchen and family room highlighting crown molding and chair railing. Prepare your favorite meals in the updated kitchen featuring granite counters, induction cooktop, cherry cabinets, oak hardwood flooring, and an adjacent breakfast room. Spend quality time in the family room embellished with an expansive brick wood-burning fireplace with built-in media shelves, crown molding, chair railing, and beautiful French doors leading to the expansive tiered deck. A bedroom, full bath, and laundry room complete the main level. Relax and unwind in the primary bedroom highlighting a wood-burning fireplace, dressing area, walk-in closet with ample space, and en-suite spa-like bathroom featuring an Italian marble shower with multiple showerheads, heat floor, towel bar, and linen cupboard. Two additional sizable bedrooms, a full bath, and an expansive unfinished area offering the opportunity to customize to suit any lifestyle, conclude the upper-level sleeping quarters. Travel downstairs to the walkout lower level in-law suite with a full-size kitchen and dining area with French doors to the deck, living room, full bath with soaker tub, bedroom, bonus room, and a utility/storage room. Oversized two-car garage with 9-foot doors provides a 7000-watt generator and space for a workbench, riding mower, snow plow, freezer, etc. Enjoy the mature trees, professionally landscaped yard with drip irrigation, open Chippendale-fenced entrance, and mostly-level fenced private yard with tiered decks. Beyond the fence are private woods including a stream. The community provides large common fields and lakes with walking paths just a step away. This spectacular home will leave you breathless and ready to move in! Updates: Chippendale front porch railing, Italian marble primary bath with Schluter heated floor and towel bar, hot water heater, interior paint, drip irrigation, and more!
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Cape Cod, Traditional
Hot Water Heater, Electric Water Heater, Well
Aluminum Siding, Brick
3,982 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Howard County Public School System
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Storage, Foyer, Breakfast Room, Attic
- Dining Area, Formal
- 2nd Kitchen, Eat-In Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower
- Microwave, Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Freezer, Ice Maker, Double Oven, Wall Oven, Electric Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Washer
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Slate, Vinyl, Concrete, Other, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, A/C - Other, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating. Heat Pump.
- Partial, Full Finished, Heated, Entrance Outside, Walkout
- Double Pane, Screened
- 3. Brick, Mantle, Fireplace Screen, Wood-burning.
- Other, Entry Level Bedroom.
- Main Entrance Locked, Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Chair Rail, Combination Living/dining Room, Crown Molding, Recessed Lights, Wainscoting, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, Wood Floors, 9Ft+ Ceilings, Vaulted
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces.
- Brick, Aluminum
- Deck, Patio, Porch
- Composition, Shingle
- Lot View
- Rear, Wood
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Front Yard, Landscaped, Back Yard, Side Yard, Trees. Backs To Trees, Front Yard, Landscaping, Partly Wooded, Private, Rear Yard, Sideyard(S), Stream/Creek, Trees/Wooded, Other.
- Community Amenities
- Common Grounds, Lake, Picnic Area
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price